[SeaBIOS] Alt SeaBIOS SSDT cpu hotplug

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Mon Aug 2 19:27:01 CEST 2010

On Mon, Aug 02, 2010 at 07:13:34PM +0300, Avi Kivity wrote:
>  On 08/02/2010 06:55 PM, Kevin O'Connor wrote:

> >>Just grab yourself a free copy of the Hyper-V server 2008:
> >>
> >>http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2009/08/microsoft-hyper-v-server-2008-r2-arrives-for-free.ars
> >I downloaded and installed it, but I can't reproduce the crash.  It
> >seems like a really stripped down version of Windows, so I can't tell
> >if it actually worked or not either.
>
> I thought only the Datacenter edition supported cpu hotplug.

I just tried an old Win 7 Ultimate beta (build 7100) I had on my HD.
It looks like it supports cpu hotplug.  However, I don't see any
failures - it seems to work fine.  (After running "cpu_set 1 online",
the event pops up in the system event log as a UserPnP event, and the
CPU appears in the system devices list.)

-Kevin