[SeaBIOS] Alt SeaBIOS SSDT cpu hotplug

Liu, Jinsong jinsong.liu at intel.com
Fri Jul 30 19:22:59 CEST 2010

Liu, Jinsong wrote:
> Kevin O'Connor wrote:

>>> Yeah, thanks Kevin.
>>> After you done patch and draft test, our QA may do nightly test.
>>
>> Hi Jinsong,
>>
>> Have you had any feedback from tests?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Kevin
>
> Oh, I misunderstand.
> I originally thought our QA will test after your patch send to
> upstream, so we wait for it :)
>
> I will talk with our QA this week to arrange test for it.
>
> Thanks,
> Jinsong

Kevin,

We have done test for your patch, result are:
1. For linux 2.6.32 hvm guest, it works OK, for both vcpu add and vcpu remove, and re-add, re-remove, ...
2. For Window 2008 DataCenter hvm guest, it BSOD every time, QA feedback below:
==================
[QA] We test it as following:
1 copy bios.bin to /usr/local/share/qemu/
 (BTW, we also test as your method , copy bios.bin to qemu-kvm/pc-bios, then at qemu-kvm ./configure make && make install)
2 create qemu img for Windows 2008 Datacenter
 qemu-img  create -b /share/xvs/img/Windows/ia32e_win2k8_datacenter.img  -f qow2 test.img
3 create guest
 qemu-system-x86_64  -hda test.img  -m 1024 -smp 2,maxvcpus=16
4 blueScreen

BTW, attached is the latest patch I received from you.
Do you have updated version?

Thanks,
Jinsong