[SeaBIOS] Added ACPI SLIC table

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Tue Jun 22 04:52:02 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 07:54:15PM +0400, Arseny Klimovsky wrote:
> Gleb Natapov wrote:
> > Qemu support passing acpi tables to Seabios already using -acpitable
> > option. It was added specifically to pass SLIC tables.
> >
> Yes, I argee, that such support should be made in qemu/kvm also,
> because this way one should recompile BIOS for adding SLIC.

I don't understand, why would someone want to recompile their bios in
place of just passing in the slic table?

> But actually passing -acpitable is not enough for Windows OEM activation,
> in all tables oem_id and table_oem_id should match manufacturer.

If I understand your changes, you want seabios to update the oem ids
in the passed in slic table so that it matches seabios' other tables.
Is this correct?  Why do you need to both update the oem ids and
compile in a slic table?

-Kevin