[SeaBIOS] SeaBIOS not fully working when compiled on FreeBSD

Roger Pau Monné roger.pau at citrix.com
Thu Apr 16 12:56:58 CEST 2015

El 15/04/15 a les 20.27, Idwer Vollering ha escrit:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've compiled SeaBIOS on FreeBSD with gcc48
>
> _or_ build and use coreboot's crossgcc toolchain:
> PATH=/path/to/coreboot_git_dir/util/crossgcc/xgcc/bin:$PATH gmake
> CROSS_PREFIX=i386-elf-

I've tried compiling SeaBIOS with gcc and binutils from ports the
following way:

# pkg install binutils gcc48
# PATH=/usr/local/bin/:$PATH gmake V=1 CC=gcc48

And the result is the same, the binary compiles fine but fails to work
as expected.

On the other hand, when using the crossgcc toolchain from coreboot the
resulting binary seems to be working fine.

I've looked at the gcc48 and binutils ports, and they don't seem to
contain any patches that would affect SeaBIOS, but I'm not sure:

https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/devel/binutils/files/
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/lang/gcc48/files/

Roger.