[SeaBIOS] : USB 3.0 port failed if a USB 3.0 device is attached when power up

Idwer Vollering vidwer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 11:14:54 CET 2015

> On Thu, Aug 06, 2015 at 11:51:04AM +0000, Zheng Bao wrote:
>> Board: Bettong
>> USB3 controller: Hudson on Carrizo
>> USB3 device: Seagate USB hard drive. That is the only USB 3.0 device I can get.
>
> Thanks.  The problem looks very similar to one reported in the past by
> Idwer.  Unfortunately, Idwer also didn't have access to any other USB3
> devices - that would have been a great test to see if the quirky
> behavior was due to the controller or due to the device.

The board I have is an Hudson-D4? board, ASUS F2A85-M with the lspci ID:
00:10.0 USB controller [0c03]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH
USB XHCI Controller [1022:7812] (rev 03)
00:10.1 USB controller [0c03]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH
USB XHCI Controller [1022:7812] (rev 03)

Zheng, can you recompile SeaBIOS with CONFIG_THREADS=y and
CONFIG_DEBUG_LEVEL=2 and try booting off the superspeed device you're
using?
The experience I had was that, with those settings, this superspeed
SATA dock showed up in the device menu (press ESCape).

If that won't make the device show up - be sure to post that
cbmem/console output - change USB_TIME_SIGATT in src/hw/usb.h to at
least 1000.

HTH,

Idwer