[SeaBIOS] How to boot USB 3.0 devices with SeaBIOS

diffusae diffusae at yahoo.se
Tue Oct 10 19:57:18 CEST 2017

On 10.10.2017 02:59, Kevin O'Connor wrote:

> As Paul points out, the best way to apply seabios patches is to
> compile seabios separately.

Yes, thanks to Paul for that hint. The last time I did it this way, is
about four years ago. Now, it's a bit more convenient to compile Seabios
with coreboot. I only was wondering, that it was possible with git. Next
time, i will do it the recommended way. If your changes are committed,
than I don't need the patch.

> The log indicates the device was detected as both USB2 and USB3.  The
> USB2 version was successfully brought down, and the USB3 version
> remained live.  So, everything looks good.

That's fine. I will try to boot from USB3 devices, next time.

> Thanks, I committed the changes.

Perfectly, thanks also for your help.

Regards,
Reiner