[SeaBIOS] Added ACPI SLIC table

Arseny Klimovsky arseny.klimovsky at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 06:51:39 CEST 2010

Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 07:54:15PM +0400, Arseny Klimovsky wrote:
>
>> Gleb Natapov wrote:
>>
>>> Qemu support passing acpi tables to Seabios already using -acpitable
>>> option. It was added specifically to pass SLIC tables.
>>>

>> Yes, I argee, that such support should be made in qemu/kvm also,
>> because this way one should recompile BIOS for adding SLIC.
>>
> I don't understand, why would someone want to recompile their bios in
> place of just passing in the slic table?

Sorry, my sentence was not clear. I mean, that using the introduced
patch one should recompile BIOS to have OEM activation working. But if
needed support is added to qemu, recompilation will be not necessary.
So, the introduced patch is a partial solution, full solution can be
made in qemu.
>> But actually passing -acpitable is not enough for Windows OEM activation,
>> in all tables oem_id and table_oem_id should match manufacturer.
>>
> If I understand your changes, you want seabios to update the oem ids
> in the passed in slic table so that it matches seabios' other tables.
> Is this correct?  Why do you need to both update the oem ids and
> compile in a slic table?

No, I want seabios update oem_id in all other tables, so that it match
oem_id in SLIC table. SLIC table must be untouched, it has some digital
signature.
The best solution for qemu is adding a parameter like "-oemid", so that
all this filed will be updated in all tables. And this is a dynamic
support for carrying OEM information to virtual environment, I
introduced a patch for static support.

--
Klimovsky Arseny